Thursday, June 14, 2012

The National Bike Challenge

A couple months back I was asked to join a team for this challenge. I didn't think too much about it, at the time. Sure, yeah, whatever; I thought. Well, a couple months in, and you know what? It's pretty damn cool! I haven't kept track of my riding miles in 10 plus years!! The last time I did, I was averaging 2,500 miles a year; with my high water mark around 3,500. Being single and no family made pedaling a lot easier!! Ha Ha Well, in a week, (probably less), I'll be breaking the 1,000 miles mark. That's pedaling day in and day out, without missing a day!! For the year 2012 I'm pushing towards the 2,000 mile mark. All miles are on my Trusty Pugsley!! Quite an accomplishment, if I do say so myself!! None of this would be possible if I didn't have a very very, did I say VERY understanding and supportive better half!!! Thank Cindi, I love you!! Also, thanks for asking me to join Mr. Holgate!! Here's a summary of our "team", 10 people from Minnesota's Iron Range. Peace

1 comment: